- The primary functions of an operations department include the design and management of products, services and processes. In addition, the operations department evaluates and allocates resources to effectively deliver products and services. Management of supply chains is also an essential function of an operations department.
- Fabricate, install, and repair thin sheet metal products. Although sheet metal is used to make many products, like rain gutters, outdoor signs, and siding, it is often used to make ducts for heating and air conditioning.
- Checking relevant regulations and standards
- Checking quality of materials
- Calibrating and troubleshooting equipment
- Choosing types of sheet metal
- Select models of sheet metal or nonmetallic material
- Fasten seams or joints by welding, bolting, riveting, or soldering
- Drill holes in metal for screws, bolts, and rivets
- Install metal sheets with supportive frameworks
- Measure and record dimensions and reference lines on metal sheets
- Fabricate or alter parts at construction sites
- Maneuver large sheet metal parts to be installed, and anchor the parts
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Apprenticeship or certification from a technical school may be needed.
- Background in roofs and handling power tools would be helpful.
- Analytical thinking abilities.
- Capability to follow written and verbal directions.
- Excellent communication skills.
It's always a good idea to include the benefits of the job the company will provide such as:
- Flexible hours to give you freedom and increase productivity
- Life insurance for you and your family members
- Work remotely in the comfort of your home
- Free Gym membership so you can stay in shape
- Fun and Energetic weekly team bonding events
Post the Job Now